I found this challenge on dayzeroproject.com. At that very moment, I decided that I was going to do this. 😀 ❤
Here are the original guidelines for the challenge:
The Challenge: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on your part).Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
You have no idea about what tomorrow might bring, what your future holds yet you make a list for 1001 days. That’s a positivity I need in my life, this list might add some spice to my life, so why not? 😉
This is a huge commitment and I am not a fan of commitments. I can’t keep myself focused on one thing for long, leave alone 1001 days. So, I am going to give it a try because these are the little things that will, for sure, help me grow as a person and come on, this is fun! 😛
You can also check my list on the Day Zero website here 😀
My timeline is AUG 29, 2015 – MAY 26, 2018 😀
This list is in no particular order but I might reorganize it after each thing I strike off, so that it goes sequentially. 🙂 I have also tried to categorize it so that it looks more organized. 😛
Here goes my list-
- Ask 20 friends to suggest a book, and read them.
- Find and read 10 books with numbers in their titles.
- Read a book for all the 26 alphabets.
- Read a book with more than 500 pages.
- Read a book under each category on NetGalley.
- Read one book from each genre.
- Read 10 classics.
- Read a minimum of 6 books every month.
- Read a book in another language. (after completing goal no. 30, that is. 😛 )
- Read a banned book.
- Read a book with antonyms in the title.
- Read a Novella.
- Read a poetry collection.
14. Write a letter to myself to be opened after the 1001 days.
15. Write a letter to myself to be opened on my 25th birthday.
16. Write a list of 25 places I would like to visit in a lifetime.
17. Write 2 books.
18. Write a collection of short stories.
19. Write a children’s story based on a life lesson.
20. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
21. Write a piece for a newspaper or magazine.
22. Take a 30 Day Writing challenge.
- Blogging. (for my book blog)
23. Post reviews everyday for a month for 3 different months on my book blog.
24. Interview 11 authors.
25. Post atleast 15 posts each month.
26. Collaborate with another blogger.
27. Write a guest post for another blog.
28. Meet a blogger.
29. Learn a new language.
30. Learn to knit.
31. Learn the basics of sewing.
32. Learn to play chess.
33. Learn a poem by heart.
34. Learn and expertise in making 5 dishes.
35. Take some certified course.
36. Learn a form of martial arts.
37. Learn something, any-one-little-thing.
38. Learn something new from a friend.
39. Get my Bachelor’s degree.
- Health and Beauty.
40. Do yoga regularly for a month.
41. Meditate regularly for a month.
42. Go on a morning walk for 15 continuous days.
43. No fast food for a month.
44. No desserts for a month.
45. Get into a skin and hair care routine for a month.
46. Get back my single-toned, clear skin.
47. Grow my hair waist-length.
48. Get highlights.
49. Get pierced.
50. Get a tattoo.
- Things to do for fun.
51. Bake a cake for Christmas.
52. Cook a 5 course meal for my family.
53. Make breakfast for a week.
54. Watch a play. ( Related to goal no. 69 )
55. Watch 5 foreign movies.
56. Watch a movie in the new language I learnt. (See goal no. 30)
57. Watch all episodes/ all seasons of a popular sitcom.
58. Spend a day watching cartoons that I loved as a child, and chill.
59. Say “yes” to something I would not normally do.
60. Buy a “wreck this journal” and complete it.
61. Spend a home-spa day with my Mom.
62. Watch a 3D movie in a movie theater.
63. Watch 10 horror movies with my brother.
64. Watch 10 old movies with my Dad.
65. Take a walk on the beach with a good friend.
66. Make 5 DIY projects from youtube videos.
67. Do Nail-Art 5 times.
- Places to visit.
68. Visit a theater and watch a play.
69. Visit 3 waterfalls.
70. Visit 5 Book Cafes.
71. Visit the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival.
72. Visit Matheran (Hill Station.)
73. Visit food stalls at different places all day.
74. Visit a Cave.
75. Visit a Fort.
76. Visit an Aquarium.
77. Visit a Zoo.
78. Visit a National Park.
79. Visit 5 beaches.
- Things to own.
80. A silver ring.
81. A sling bag.
82. Ankle-length boots.
83. 5 Bookish items.
84. 5 Beautiful notebooks.
86. A piggy bank.
87. A functional side bag.
88. A white or royal blue or sky blue blazer.
- New Things To Try.
I don’t necessarily have to complete things mentioned under this category, just trying them counts. 😉
89. Try Sushi.
90. Ditch Social Media for a month. (Blogging and work email exceptional.)
91. Try to get a non-reader to read a book.
92. Try a beverage and a food item that I am not excited about.
93. Try to learn some dance moves.
94. Find a new hobby.
95. Try to write poetry.
- Things to be added on my 20th birthday.
These are the goals that I don’t want to specify because they are too challenging. Difficult but not impossible. These are somethings that are close to my heart and are my dreams.
100. This thing is to be done.
101. This thing is to be started.
This is my list of things that I have been wanting to do for as long as I can remember, so why not include them all in my first challenge. 😀 😀
I will keep a track of things by writing a post after completing every goal and will link it in the list and strike that goal out. 🙂
I hope to complete this list and have fun doing it so that I do it again. 😉 ❤
p.s. Some of these might not seem logical to you but it makes sense in my mind, although most of the times I am out of my mind. 😛 So, feel free to comment and let me know what you think and we can discuss it. 😉 😛